Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sol's Visit


We visit 13 Coins Restaurant every time Sol comes to town (mostly for breakfast). On his last visit, it was March and Aero had been a resident at Swedish for over 2 months. I was so in the rabbit hole of having a baby in the hospital. Life for me was extremely stressful and myopic. I felt I was in a time warp vortex, never to escape the existence I was currently experiencing. When Sol mentioned that on his next visit Aero would be joining us at 13 Coins I did not believe his words.

Yet, here we are and Aero is feasting on knuckle sandwich. Aero is a very social eater. He wants whatever you are eating although he has not graduated from puree texture ('cept for those awesome cheese puffs). I fed him a bit from my plate, a little egg yolk and gravy. A waiter walked by and gave Aero a little head massage. He could not resist touching the pixie rocker do Mr. A was sporting that morn.


Aero's new tumble mat, a gift from Uncle Sol. The blanket on the floor was cutting down on his 'moves'. Aero is more of an observer. He seems mostly content dumping out the contents of the plastic bins and then chewing on them. In an effort to encourage more locomotion, we thought this slippy-slidy surface would help.






The entertainer.


Bed time stories?


Bro Love

It was so amazing to have Sol here. He was our first over night guest since Aero coming home. We are living an rather isolated existence because of Aero's feeding therapy and feeding schedule. It made things feel (sigh) a little normal, a little easier. I could exhale not feeling that I was the only one on baby watch. Aero so appreciated being held by Sol and spending time in his company. And maybe because I was a wee bit relaxed, Aero had a breakthrough in his feeding. He is taking breast milk from a spoon. Little by little, drop by drop adds up. It takes about 30 minutes to have him drink 20 ml (one feeding is generally 140 ml). Slow. Steady. Progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment