Thursday, October 20, 2011

Baby Bro Makes Me Cry


My baby brother Joe made this montage of my beautiful one. It made me cry.
"I never knew love before...then came you...."

Aero has a stomach virus. He has had diarrhea for 3 days and today he started vomiting.  I fed him via g.i. tube at 4:30 pm. At 5:30 pm he vomited and just wanted me to hold him. He cried and cried. Aero is not a baby who cries easily or often. When he does, you know he is in distress. I could feel his stomach lurching and churning.
One of the good things about having a g.i. tube is that you can vent out stomach contents. So, rather than wait for another vomiting episode (or two or three), I attached the y-connector, left the port open and out it came with a lot of air bubbles. Tonight, all night, I will administer, via g.i. tube, Ultima (a natural alternative to Pedialyte) every 30 minutes to re-hydrate and bring his electrolytes in balance.

Hope he wakes up feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment