Monday, October 31, 2011

the charmer

making best buddies with Hank

Aero and I entertained each other in the waiting area for Lab Tests at Children's Hospital this afternoon. We played bouncy, bouncy, the game where momma gets a shoulder and lat workout by lifting him up & down, up & down while he giggles at the sheer delight of being airborne for a few seconds. Our wait was quite protracted as the labs they were to perform took a lot of data- basing into the system so they could print out all the pretty stickers for the numerous vials of blood.

A generation of ladies sat next to us; grandma, mom and daughter. The pretty daughter was 17 and the mom looked like she could be the daughter's sister. Found out that she gave birth to the pretty daughter at 15. Wowie zowie. Also discovered through conversation that the mom had always been a single mom. Wowie zowie.

My most delightful discovery of the day though was Aero's flirting. I had never seen him turn on the charm so bright! He was all smiles and giggles for the pretty daughter. He could not take his eyes off of her and definitely was working on winning her over with his high wattage, luminous grin. I had never observed this part of his emerging personality and it so tickled me.

He was a champ for the blood letting. My oh my did they take a lot, at least 12-15 vials. Prior experiences had been very traumatic with techs not finding the vein and playing poke, poke with my baby's tender arm. This lab tech hit it on the money right away, sweet blessing that was. Aero cried at being held down for so long and immediately fell deep asleep the second I put him the car seat for the ride home.

Waiting anxiously for all the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment